Sunday, January 23, 2011

he leaves once again...

So he is off again. Back to his life at Yeshiva. I'm back to worrying again. I'm back to waiting for the late night phone calls to tell me about his day. Back to listening to the hidden  messages  in his words. Back to listening to his tone when he tells me about ...everything.
This past Friday night I said to A as we were going to sleep "well tonight I will sleep. All our kids are under one roof...you are not going anywhere. I have my 5 most important men under 1 roof. Tonight I will sleep !!!"
B"H I know he is going back to the best place for him. He is doing well BA"H. He is happy so therefore I'm happy but when you send your child away for yeshiva it is still sad. You lose a little of their growing up years. B"H BD calls me everyday so for that I'm very thankful  but there is the everyday subtle changes you miss.
I count the days until he comes home and dread the day he has to leave. Again....he is in a GREAT place. B"H we feel so lucky to have found a wonderful Yeshiva with caring Rebbeim and very "good" boys who are positive role models.

So goodbye BD for now...
  I will miss the extra laundry. The dirty clothes on the floor. The coat that doesn't get hung up. The hat/tefillin on top of the breakfront. The davening jacket on the dining room chair. The shoes that you take off in the doorway..and leave there. I will miss having an extra pair of hands to help with Shabbos and everything else.
I know SY will miss having another person to read to him and learn  aleph-beis with him. I will miss the noise that somehow an extra person in the house seems to make.
I will miss the fighting that brothers do. I know your brothers will miss you doing their jobs for them and I know MN will miss your latest "bonding" moment

Most of all...I will miss YOU !!!
And now I'm back to counting the days until you come back....

No comments:

Post a Comment