Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Can I do it?

I've been thinking of starting a blog and recently have been discussing it with two friends. So I figured I better see if I can write well enough to make me appear interesting. So I thought now is a great time with my birthday quickly approaching. 
So I'm turning 23 !!! What you don't believe me ??? Guess it would be hard to be 23 when your oldest child is 16.  So I'm turning 37.  I just don't feel 37. To be 37  I would think you would feel mature..wise..something. I'm not sure how old I "feel" but I don't "feel" 37. When I turned 30 it was very emotional for me. In my mind I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish by then and I didn't feel I had reached my goal yet. So here I am..3/4 of the way to 40 and what is my biggest accomplishment..MY KIDS !!!
 I look at my kids and occasionally think to myself "who are these little people that are calling ME mommy ?" Having kids in a wide age range..or as I like to say...having 3 families in one is "fun". I have my first family... my 16 yr old who is learning to drive and finishing high school .Then there is my second family my 12 yr old who is preparing for his Bar Mitzvah along with his 10 yr old brother who is "waiting" to prepare for his Bar Mitzvah and my third family ...my 3 yr old.  Now my 3 yr old is VERY lucky b/c he has 4 parents...his "real" parents who gave birth to him (that would be me and his father) and his brothers who always pick up the slack of  reprimanding him when they feel we are not doing an adequate job.  Oldest brother is able to do it long distance

How did I get to this point in my life? I feel at times I must have blinked because my life has been fast forwarded. What happened ??? Was I so stuck on my list of goals that I let time slip bye...or was I busy with my 4 miracles..and miracles they are...but THAT is a different blog.

So I sit here on a cold winter day 3 years away from 40 still wondering how do I get here...More importantly..what will occupy me for the next 3 years?? Well G-d willing will have made 2 more Bar Mitzvahs, 1 High School Graduation..send 3 yr old off to school ...okay too sad to think of that...but wait...12 yr old will be off in Yeshiva in some far off place...

Okay..stopping here b/c I really don't want to rush my next 3 years..instead...going to try to enjoy the roller coaster ride....

No comments:

Post a Comment