Sunday, February 27, 2011

Why I love Pesach cleaning???

Let me first start off saying....I truly love Pesach cleaning. I'm not being sarcastic or "holier then thou". I really love Pesach cleaning. Now please do not think I've been inhaling cleansing agents that has caused me to go over the edge. Not yet at least...

The reason I love Pesach cleaning is because I dislike IMMENSELY cleaning. As I tell A I was not born to clean. I'm not cut out for it, I'm not good at it and therefore I do not do it. I have a cleaning lady who you all know when she doesn't show I'm very sad. So why the contradiction to Pesach cleaning and regular cleaning? Honestly if it wasn't for Pesach cleaning I would NEVER clean (or find anything that I have lost over the year). With Pesach I do not have a choice. And to tell you the truth...afterwards I feel great. I'm so happy to be able to walk into a room and know every spot in that room was cleaned. For instance after the bedrooms are done (talking about years past...don't get nervous the bedrooms are not done...next week :) and I  go to bed at night...I know those dust bunnies are not under my bed. It is a great feeling !!!

Here is my disclaimer...you are probably saying "Rami, dust bunnies are not chometz. Pesach cleaning is making sure there is no chometz. What you are doing sounds like Spring Cleaning. And to that I say...(THIS IS MY BLOG AND MY CLEANING..LEAVE ME BE !!!!) And you are right...I am "cleaning" more then I have to. I figure if I'm going to do it once a year...might as well do it all at one time..spring, Pesach...to me..it is CLEANING

So today we cleaned the basement. It took 2 1/2 hours because we all worked together. Yes, even 3 yr old SY. He is very capable of holding a dust pan or he is "just the right height to reach all those tiny hard to reach spaces". Now  I do not know what your basement looks like but mine is a large room that houses my junk, washing machine/dryer, junk, extra freezer, second refrigerator, more junk, Pesach stuff, more junk, extra clothes that kids have outgrown and did I say JUNK??? Oh yeah and BOXES....every possible size, shape and type. Do I use them when I need to send a package?? No, I still go to the UPS store and ask them to pack it for me. Why you ask? Well you see when you have a extensive collection like mine....if you remove 1 box from that LARGE tower...well lets just say we might need to call the Chilean miners and ask them how they survived being buried because it would take a rescue team to get us out from under the "mess".

Another special item stored in our basement are broken things like a dining room chair that the leg broke off ,a vacuum that doesn't do anything and a desk that has 1 leg (only has 1 leg to stand on.) So I'm not sure why broken items are put down there..maybe we think by putting them down in the basement some little elf will come and fix it late at night when we are sleeping and the next morning we will have working things again. As of yet that has not happened.

The other special item that was found was the old toys that we put downstairs when YY had outgrown them and we as of yet have not taken out for SY. Boy was he a happy guy. He was so busy "trying" to play while we were "trying" to convince him he doesn't want those toys to be brought upstairs b/c "look how much fun it is to play with them in the basement". 

So since we were cleaning today the real way to clean is...THROW OUT STUFF. The problem we are having right now is...Today is Sunday, Garbage Day is Thursday. There is too much snow outside right now to bring it all out. So at the present time it is all in 1 corner of the basement.

So if you are bored or looking for a box or a broken vacuum cleaner or a dining room chair..come over Wednesday night. B"li Neder we won't make fun of you going through our trash pile. Maybe you have an elf or just need a box. We have plenty !!!

Next week BEDROOMS...hope I find that black tichel.

3 comments:

  1. this is so true as me and my brothers see it.
    I am "sorry" to not have been there to help. At the same time i am happy that when i come home from yeshiva i will only have to peel like 50lb of potatoes

    the "sorry" son

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my Bachur (the heir to the throne or in our case the heir to our debts),
    Don't you worry, there will be plenty for you to do. Potato's, apples, last minute kashering. No one escapes unworked.

    ReplyDelete