Tuesday, June 28, 2011

can I ever win??

Did you ever tell your child not to do something and then it blow up in your face???

Case in point: phone rings and child answers it (that in itself was shocking that he didn't ignore it). The person asks for A. A is not home...he is at work. So instead of asking "do you want to speak to my mother" or even " can I take a message?" No, he says" oh you can call him on his cell phone" and proceeds to give out cell phone number...and hangs up. So silly me asks "who was that on the phone?"
Child: don't know (w/o any emotion)
Me: so you just gave out your father's cell phone number to a complete stranger
Child: well if they were asking for him must be they know him
Me: no, not necessarily. Please don't do that again. In fact (by this time I'm fuming about his non emotional responses) JUST DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE...LET ME !!!
Child : okay

So not more then 3 minutes later.. phone rings.......... and rings and rings and rings..I'm in a different room so I can't answer it. So I scream " can someone PLEASE answer the phone??"  Child calls back " Well I would but you just told me to not answer the phone anymore" Sure...now he chooses to listen the FIRST time I tell him something...and REMEMBERS

Great..me and my big ideas. So now every time the phone rings no matter who is sitting next to it...they won't answer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment